Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the Forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the Forum

I have a couple posts out there, but I think I will officially post here. My name's Jason, I currently live in Florida. I moved down here from PA a little over a year ago. We just rented a house that has a pool, and with most stuff I don't know about I go to the Forum's first as I find I get the most help from them, and usually do not have to wait very long for an answer. My pool is 16x32 IG. I need to update my signature a little my landlord just replaced my SWG because the cell went bad. My new SWG is a solaxx PureChlor. Don't know if there is a model. I do not have a test kit yet, cause my landlord is going the pool store route to get the pool cleaned up. It's cloudy right now after some algae in it. So she is fixing it, and then I need to maintain it. Once it is good, I will probably do pool store tests till I can get the test kit, hopefully next month. I have been reading pool school, and various threads around here. I know you guys will be able to answer any of my questions. I'll post a pic of my pool yesterday morning. Its gotten a little less green looking but cloudy.

972872_10203627925838882_1927197113_n.jpg
    About my pool: 15x32 IG Gunite, 16.2k gallons, SWG, Solaxx PureChlor, Cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New to the Forum

Please keep all your posts under one thread. Responders never look at your other posts so they don't see your whole "story" and the info we often need is overlooked.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Please keep all your posts under one thread. Responders never look at your other posts so they don't see your whole "story" and the info we often need is overlooked.
    Sorry. This was more an intro rather then whats wrong.
    About my pool: 15x32 IG Gunite, 16.2k gallons, SWG, Solaxx PureChlor, Cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Jason! Welcome to the forum. You've found a great site.
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP Jason! You've got a friend in Pennsylvania!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.