Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: leaking plunger please help

1. Back To Top    #1

leaking plunger please help

ok so I set up my 633 intex pump and it works great except I found one leak and im wondering what to do and can I fix it or contact the seller heres a pick, it leaks from just under the the twisting close off of the plunger, heres a pic.....please help
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: leaking plunger please help

That cap the handle comes through is a twist on cap. Try tightening it a bit.

I'm not sure how those compare to the older style internally. I have the older on my pool. I'd think they would be the same or similar.

Have your helper hold the bowl again, and unscrew the cap. You should be able to pull the whole valve out to put pool lube on the internal O-rings. Check also if it has an O-ring on the cap around the stem. Almost forgot-- you would need to close the other valve before doing this....
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

the very top cap does come off and its the only problem....guess ill start by un screwing that and checking that out first

4. Back To Top    #4

I tried tightening it but nothing...I contacted the seller at least its not a big leak

5. Back To Top    #5

well they told me id have to call intex....so Im guessing id have to buy a plunger

6. Back To Top    #6

Have you tried to disassemble the valve? It could be an O-ring got pinched when it was assembled. Replacement rings can be had from local hardware and auto parts stores, just take one with you for match-up.

I think you can figure out a way to block the water from escaping while you run to the store. Tennis ball in the fitting idea has been suggested in another thread, as well as other ideas.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

ill give that a shot