iAqualink controlling Intelliflo VS-relay or not?

Mar 19, 2008
Cypress, Texas
I'm about to upgrade my Aqualink RS ver. N with iAqualink ver. R along with a pump switch to Intelliflo VS. I've done enough research to know that this combination will work fine with no Intellicom required. My question is; do I wire the pump power to the relay (as is the case with my current single speed WhisperFlo) as Jandy recommends, or directly to the breaker panel as Pentair recommends.

I know the Aqualink will control the pump. But will it shut it down to let the valves rotate when I switch pool to/from spa if I wire it hot?

Thanks in advance!

Ron Jenson
Houston

18k gallon pool w/spa by David Perry
All Pentair except Aqualink and Polaris

When controlling an IntelliFlo through a data cable (or IntelliComm II) the IntelliFlo power should be wired directly to the breaker. You only want to wire it to a relay when you are not using a data cable (which means only a single speed).

When controlling an IntelliFlo through a data cable (or IntelliComm II) the IntelliFlo power should be wired directly to the breaker. You only want to wire it to a relay when you are not using a data cable (which means only a single speed).

I'm curious why you say this. The Aqualink manual says that it should be connected through a relay.
manual said:
Connect the two red hot wires of the pump to the two load side connections on the filter pump relay as shown in Figure 7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.