input on my reading please

Oct 29, 2013
I am very new at the tfpc method and I would like to post my readings to see what are your opinions of where i am:

cya.........48
ph..........7.6
fc...........4.5
cc..........0.5
TA.........115

my FC readings for the last day
4/16 @ 4pm ...............7
4/16 @10pm................6.5
4/17 @ 8am ...............5.5
4/17 @ 6pm................4.5

so I am losing about 1ppm overnight i believe 1 or less means water is good no organisms, (please confirm)
and I am losing about 2ppm per 24 hours, it has been sunny temp in the low 80's..but this means that I am losing about the same at night and during the day...Is this right?

My questions: Are my current reading good?
Is my overnight chlorine loss good?
Is my total chlorine/24hour loss good?
Is my CC at 0.5 good?
My TA is kind of high should I leave it or try to lower it?
And so my plan is to let my FC fall to no less then 3 then raise it to about 6 and follow that method which looks like i will be adding every day and a half or so...does this seem right?

Everything I have read seems as if i got it correct, but there is a good chance I am wrong and I would like some feedback
thank you

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear.

Sounds like you meet all 3 criteria, Congrats! Consider maintaining your minimum FC @ 4 as the weather and sun gets hotter. Plan on losing up to 2 to 3 ppm of FC daily as well. TA will fall as you add acid to keep Ph in line with swimmers and such.

I would be hesitant to say that you passed the OCLT when you FC was so low to start with. I would want to see no more than a 0.5ppm loss. The OCLT was designed to be while you are at/near SLAM level FC.

If you have no reason to think you have algae, then you are probably fine.

Also note that you CYA is effectively 50ppm and you should never let the FC get below 4ppm.

I would ignore the TA for now and focus on the FC and pH maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.