Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refinishing concrete pool slide.....DIY

1. Back To Top    #1

Bakersfield, CA

Refinishing concrete pool slide.....DIY

Hello all. I'm a new member to this site after visiting on a few occasions when research I've done continues to bring me to the Trouble Free Pool site. Figured, may as well come here first!

My current project is to refinish our concrete pool slide. Research has lead me mostly to refinishing fiberglass slides. I've not been very successful in finding instructions or videos for handling a concrete slide. But, from what I have found, I think this is something we can handle as a DIY project. Can anyone provide step by step instructions, or possibly a video, to help us through this project? Also, any suggestions on products would be appreciated. Unfortunately, we've let it go too long and now would like to get the job done for summer use . I've attached a picture of the slide so you know what we're working with (fingers crossed that the attachment works!)

Attached Images Attached Images
    18K gal, IG plaster, Sta-rite Cartridge filter, Hayward Pool Vac XL, pool installed 12/2003, spa, waterfall, and concrete slide.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Refinishing concrete pool slide.....DIY

I would think several coats of sealer would make it slick again. You may want to contact the builder if you know who it is and ask what they used.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Re: Refinishing concrete pool slide.....DIY

Here in Australia they get concrete polishers out to give them a once over....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction