Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a new AG liner. Recommended sources?

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Need a new AG liner. Recommended sources?

Greetings pool people,

I joined last year after buying a used pool and am planning to set it up in a month or so. I know I will need to replace the liner, so looking for advise and suggestions. The used pool is an 18' round 48" deep steel walled pool and had an overlap liner. Looking for thoughts on liner color or pattern (which maybe is just personal preference,) good source and advice on thickness and type of material, if that is applicable. Have other questions, but will take it one step at a time. I would note that Santa brought me a TF-100 XL with speedstir at Christmas!! Looking forward to using it.
    Paul

8000 gal 18' x 48" AG steel wall pool, 1 HP Hayward Perflex DE filter, SWG, Jandy Lite 2 Heater - 175K BTU

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a new AG liner. Recommended sources?

You got a good Santa!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PPrince View Post
    Greetings pool people,

I joined last year after buying a used pool and am planning to set it up in a month or so. I know I will need to replace the liner, so looking for advise and suggestions. The used pool is an 18' round 48" deep steel walled pool and had an overlap liner. Looking for thoughts on liner color or pattern (which maybe is just personal preference,) good source and advice on thickness and type of material, if that is applicable. Have other questions, but will take it one step at a time. I would note that Santa brought me a TF-100 XL with speedstir at Christmas!! Looking forward to using it.

I threw away my overlap and got a unibead from The Pool Factory (25 gauge)...I thought prices were ok..about $220 for mine...shipped free. About patterns and colors..personally I like ones that show off the sparkly water to perfection...like maybe lighter colored ones?
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by TSiGirl View Post
    I threw away my overlap and got a unibead from The Pool Factory (25 gauge)...I thought prices were ok..about $220 for mine...shipped free. About patterns and colors..personally I like ones that show off the sparkly water to perfection...like maybe lighter colored ones?
    Thank you for your reply. Why did you switch to a unibead liner? Any advantages over an overlap liner?
    Paul

8000 gal 18' x 48" AG steel wall pool, 1 HP Hayward Perflex DE filter, SWG, Jandy Lite 2 Heater - 175K BTU

5. Back To Top    #5

We haven't put up the new liner yet..I will give you an answer on that soon.. for me it was because I did not like the overlap material hanging on the wall..plus the liner designs I like all come Unibead..
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

6. Back To Top    #6

Check for J hook in 48". It just hangs on the side of the wall. Go with a 25mil. Colors and patterns are going to come down to what you think is nice and what you can afford.

I bought my liner from poolsupplyworld.com It's called portifino.

I don't know if PSW offers it in 48" but you can call and ask.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter