Florida Pool.. hot tub usage?

Nov 6, 2013
Hi All!

Question for the masses--- How many Florida folks on here have a spa on their pool? Do you use it often?

It is an additional 6-8K for one here, and I'm not sure we would use enough to justify the price?

Just curious on other real life usage. Thanks!

Chris

I live in Pinellas County (Clearwater, FL area). I have an attached spa and use it more often than I use the pool, especially in the early Spring and up to early/mid winter. I often enjoy sitting in it with a cup of coffee before I head off to work and sometimes I relax with a beer or glass of wine late in the evening, watching the stars and just chilling out.

Heating the spa/tub can get expensive during cool periods (but not nearly as expensive as trying to warm a pool :) ). Rarely do I heat above 94 to 96 degrees. I just want to be comfortable, not hot. Maintaining the chemical balance is an every other day event because things change rapidly and can get out of hand quickly. When I'm out of town, I just turn on the keep-fill and the maintenance becomes less critical, or the same as what is required for the pool.

We used the pool a lot when the kids were growing up, but now it is just a few laps, usually every day, and we use it to cool off after any physical work that gets us overheated. That is why I say that I use the spa more than the pool (usually 2-4 days a week).

I have an above ground pool and a Craigslist acquired $140 hot tub. The kids and I use the hot tub year round. Oh, I live in Orlando. Initially, I adjusted the temp down for the kids and up for me. Then, I realized 100 degrees was the perfect year round temp for all of us. The hot tub is great after it rains, the kids love it after swimming, and I love it as a way to relax. I know the look of an integrated hot tub is much nicer but a used, free standing hot tub can be had for a great price.

Not attached but have a large tiger river siberian.

we use ours every winter then i just close it down. Kids like it in the winter too...but summer is all pool....no time for tubs last thing i want is more heat in the summer so
i don't use it.

Looks wise built in is 100% the way to go, usage wise i really like the comfort, convenience and bazillion jets of a tub and i never even notice the electric bill change with it, in the winter it is always 100% ready to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.