Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to remove minerals from mineral cartridge? (FROG, Aqua Smart System)

1. Back To Top    #1

How to remove minerals from mineral cartridge? (FROG, Aqua Smart System)

I would like to leave an empty cartridge in so that if I have to use a chlorine pack while I'm on vacation I can. Does anyone know how to remove the minerals out of the mineral cartridge.
    27' Round X 54" Aqua Leader Sentinelle AGP, Vinyl J hook liner. 18,500 gal.
    Waterway 19" oval sand filter, US Motors EZBN25 1.0 hp 1.5 SPL Pump, BBB (Empty Aqua Smarte System connected, may use during vacation), Barracuda Zodiac 1500,
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to remove minerals from mineral cartridge? (FROG, Aqua Smart System)

To remove the minerals you need to break a hole in the cartridge. Some of these systems can run just fine without a cartridge installed, but other models require a cartridge to be installed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to remove minerals from mineral cartridge? (FROG, Aqua Smart System)

I drilled a hole in it and shook it until everything came out. It's empty and will allow me to use tabs while on vacation.
    Rick
    Installed June 2012 Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Cartridge Filter 100SF, 1.5HP
    Aqua Plus Smarte System - In for vacations, BBB all the way.
    Love my PVC Solar Cover Hangers