Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Owners Who Have Upgraded Theirs

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Intex Pool Owners Who Have Upgraded Theirs

Calling all intex owners who have upgraded their pools! I bought these as I have those stupid plastic tube returns! Does the above pictured part need other parts to go with it? It does seem to come with a securing nut!

Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Pool Owners Who Have Upgraded Theirs

That piece is complete for use on your pool, no problem. Do you have the Intex plunger valves? The threads on those are only compatible with the Intex valves or hoses.

If you want to hard plumb your pool, you will have to go with normal AGP returns.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

This might sound weird coming from me since my thread is all about how much trouble I'm having with my plumbing upgrade but I chose the regular AGP returns so I could get away from the Intex size/compatibility issues.

Either way you have to cut the pool. My issues began because my holes are already too large so at least you won't have that problem! If you're already cutting the pool why not go with the standard fittings? Especially since I see you already have a non-intex pump/filter. It seems like for all of the customizing you might want to do, it would be better to start with standard parts so you don't have to deal with adapters or other issues along the way.

Hopefully this weekend I'll actually be able to fix my leak issues. I'm pretty confident I can do it. I have to. If everyone else can, so can I!

I've been following your thread. I remember the leveling days. What a nightmare it was! Our favorite joke was "Has it been 45 minutes yet?" because on the box that the pool came in it proclaims in big letters on the side: Ready For Water In 45 Minutes! I still ask every now and then..."Has it been 45 minutes yet?"
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

of course, that being 2 1/2 hours later
    Dave Graham
    6,000 Gallon 16' x 4' Intex Round Ultra Frame
    Hayward S244-T Sand Filter, Intex SWG, Hayward SF1593 1.5hp Pump, Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5

More like 2 1/2 years!

A side conversation has been moved here. JasonLion
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Thanks everyone I did get the plunger valves with it but I will be getting rid of those too! After I keep all the necessary parts I need

Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

And Beens...lol, yeah 45 minutes.... That made me giggle.... So I'm better off installing all of my new fittings before I put water in the pool? Awesome... I was a little concerned with which way to do that.....

Charlie R thank you for the equipment clarification, that was exactly what I needed to hear...

My front yard should be finished in September this year, just in time for our spring/summer......I don't have to hurry