Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kit questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Indiana

Test kit questions

I got the Taylor test kit today with fas/dpd and am wondering about the safety of the chemicals. They all have warning labels and the msds says to wear gloves and a mask for the powder for example. Are these things actually dangerous in normal usage? Does anyone where ppe?

Second question are there any ph tests that are easier to read then the standard phenyl red drops? It's always hard to tell the colors apart.
    13500 gallon AG (24' round), 100 sf cartridge filter, Hayward 1hp pump, pool 10-15 years old with recently replaced liner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Test kit questions

I have never worn gloves or a mask ... I would not suggest drinking or squirting them in your eyes though You should also not fold up a stroller with your baby still in it as the warning labels show A little common sense goes a long way

The Taylor pH test is the best on the market ... there is not need to be exact. Too pink, the pH is high, Too yellow, the pH is low.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Test kit questions

Confirming jblizzle's post, and despite our government's requirement to scare everyone to death, the chemistry is pretty harmless.

I would not suggest drinking or squirting them in your eyes bjblizzle so wisely suggests and I concur.

Over the years, I have had them all on my hands full strength for a affect whatsoever that I can detect.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School