Hayward Aqua Logic

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Hello and thanks in advance for the help and advice I hope to get from more knowledgeable folks than I.

I have an 8 year old Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8-X295 salt water system.

The cell started showing low PPM salt and I recently replaced the original with a CompuPool Ti3 cell. My original Hayward Cell was a Turbo Cell 15.

The new cell worked fine for 3 weeks and now I get the message 'extremely low salt' and my cell is turned off. When I run the diagnostics, I show +32.2 V and 00.0 amps.

I put my old cell back in to see if the problem would follow the cell(meaning my board might be the problem), and the same voltages and no amps.

The system works fine, all relays work, flow switch, temps, timers, everything.

So, has anyone had this same problem? Is there a way to test the board? I guess the new cell could have failed but my old cell put out some current and showed low salt, but now nothing.

I did make a repair to this board with the common problem of the K1 relay solder being weak and that took care of the 'no cell power' problem I had a couple of years ago.

I can return the cell for a replacement but they are back logged of course and if that is not he problem, I will have waited for nothing.

Really appreciate help on this.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Did you need to change the setting for the cell size with the new CompuPool cell? I am not sure if that older system will work with any cell size.

Is the original cell 8 years old? That would be a very good run for a cell since they usually only last 3-5 years.

Yes, took a water sample to Leslies, salt level was 3200 PPM. Thanks for the welcome by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

When I had the problem with the K1 relay, I had 'No cell power'. I made that repair and this problem presents differently. I will go and check it out though, thanks.

The new cell worked fine for 3 weeks and now I get the message 'extremely low salt' and my cell is turned off. When I run the diagnostics, I show +32.2 V and 00.0 amps..
Sounds like a board problem to me. Not all of the Goldline solder issues show up as No Cell Power.

As suspected, the problem was the main board. I replaced the old board with GLX-PCB-MAIN. Subtle difference in the board but the replacement went well and the chlorine generator is working well. Thanks for the help. I ended up breaking two of the four circuit board supports that hold the display to the PCB. Trying to find 4 new ones as the old ones have gotten brittle. Any suggestions. UPDATE, I called Hayward and they are sending me 4 new spacers. Awesome.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.