West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I've tracked down my leak on my water pump to the pump housing. It's leaking between the plate that attaches to the motor and the rest of pump housing. I did notice when taking it apart that the threaded hole on that bottom side (where the leak is) felt stripped. I tried to use some teflon tape, but that doesn't seem to help at all.

Is all hope lost, or could some silicone get me some more life on this pump?

All hope is not lost. There is a way to repair the threads. It's called Helicoil Inserts. You get the kit in the proper thread and bolt size, usually from an auto parts store like NAPA or other major brand. McMaster-Carr should also have them, online.

It will require drilling out the old threads to the recommended size as shown in the kit, rethreading the hole for the thread coil, inserting the coil, and put in a new screw.

Word of caution: Don't fall over when you see the price of a good quality kit with the special tap. These do get a bit pricey. It does beat buying a new wet end.

any7u5a6.jpg

What threads are stripped? Drain plug, housing bolt?

Hayward makes a housing repair kit. Google sp1600tap
Its for a SuperPump, I dont know if it will work with a SuperPump II.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.