Our second build in East Texas

How exciting that they started. Do you have to put the support post for the roof in that corner? I just wonder if it will interfere with your sight lines from the house. Would hate to see your awesome view interrupted by a pole.

Hold on tight for the ride! It can be a little bumpy but having eyes like a hawk helps.

Excited to watch the progress.

Looks like they are going to have you up and running very quickly. We bit the bullet and did the LED lights - two in the pool and one in the spa! I had to have them move them as they had both at the deep end facing into the patio where we would sit to look at them! As Bmoreswim said - eyes like a hawk! You gotta watch everything!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Need opinions please. They came today to start the coping and stone work. I am out of town at work so my wife was left to supervise. Something didn't sound good when the sub contractor asked her if they were supposed to put stone on the walls of the pool. She called me and told me this and I was like are you serious? No mister PB to be heard from. How could they send a sub contractor out with out letting them know how it needed to be done. She had to print out a picture of the drawing to show them how it was supposed to be.

Anyway, throughout the day I had my wife sending me pictures of their progress. There were a couple places where they tried to fit one big slab from coping to the ground and the slab cracked in two or three places and they just left it like that. I had them remove them and replace it so it did not look like one stone that had broken.
unnamed (41).jpg

Then when they were wrapping up for the day I got the below picture from her. To me it looks like two completely different walls, where on the left they got lazy and tried to use one piece top to bottom and on the left where the stones are pieced together. Wife tried to explain to them we would like the stone work to blend better but not sure if they understood or not. English was definitely his first language. Sent the PB msg with attached photos asking him to make sure this was fixed, but have not heard back from him yet.

Is it wrong to think that the contractor that you planned your pool with and hired to build it, be there at least to check on the work his sub contractors were doing? Am I being too picky about what the walls look like?

unnamed (40).jpg

If you don't like it, SPEAK UP! And do it now before they move on. You are paying, presumably, a good bit of money for this pool. If it were mine and not up to my standards and how it's suppose to look in my mind and on paper, I'd be on it to make sure we all got back to the same page. I don't think you're being unreasonable.

Thanks, you two are right. PB is there now redoing it. He has been very cooperative on this so far. I am just very non confrontational for some reason, and I just get upset anytime I am forced into one. When really I should just speak my mind and most times people won't react as I think they will.

Should have some before and after pictures tonight. Fingers crossed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.