Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mystery drainage box in yard after resurface

1. Back To Top    #1

Mystery drainage box in yard after resurface

All-

So the day after our resurface was complete (PebbleSheen equivalent) found this in my yard- it's got a blue tint that matches the color of the surface that was applied- I imagine they're going to remove it sooner or later - was it used for drainage that they didn't want to put down the gutter?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mystery drainage box in yard after resurface

What, that's not your pool?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Yup they do that for washing out the equipment ... and could be any acid washing that they pumped out of the pool.
    I remember we had one too, although I thought they disposed of it the same day.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Makes sense. There actually is a 4-pack case of acid on the left side, which was a new box on top of the one they initially used to wash the original finish.

Yup, strange it wasn't removed same-day (the job is done and pool is refilling as we speak).

5. Back To Top    #5

Well that's pretty cool! Mine washed out their equipment in what was left of my grass - still have blue stains on the ground even after the grass died!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Readyforapool View Post
    Well that's pretty cool! Mine washed out their equipment in what was left of my grass - still have blue stains on the ground even after the grass died!
    Well apparently Wet Edge may not have as high of standards for their installers as PebbleTec
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!