Automatic cleaner for vinyl pool with deep end?

I am looking to get an automatic cleaner for my pool this year, since last year I think I spent more time vacuuming than I did swimming... I think I'll go swimming more often if my pool's cleaner and I don't have to spend an hour vacuuming first.

My pool is an above-ground pool with a dug out deep end, so it's a vinyl liner but not flat. So I'm guessing the robots designed for above ground pools won't work so good because I do have a deep end. I'm just worried that if I get a robot designed for an in-ground pool it could be rougher on the vinyl. Also, since the pool was installed by my dad/brother etc, it does have quite a few wrinkles in the liner, so there are some ridges that a cleaner could get caught on. Should I be worried about that?

I get some leaves and misc. stuff in my pool, but not too much, and I'm not that fussy to need the cleaner to cover 100%. As long as it keeps my pool mostly clean I'll be happy.

So, given all that... does anyone have any recommendations what would work good here? Or at least suggestions that could narrow down what definitely would or would not work good to narrow down my search?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Even flat a 1/2 inch wrinkle may give you some problems. I would suggest one for the better robots (I can't help with a particular brand) in the $600 plus range would handle that size pool and the floor but be sure it is returnable in case it has issues navigating.

I have had wrinkles in previous liners in my pool many years ago, at the time I had a Kreepy Krauly suction side cleaner (original model) and it had not issues getting stuck on the wrinkles. I can't comment on specific modern units though, as this was 20+ years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.