Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool in northern Virginia

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool in northern Virginia

New member here with some questions. Here's my pool and tiki bar.
    pool2.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    tiki11.JPG
    35,000 gallon Anthony & Sylvan, plaster over concrete, Purex Triton FNSP 60 filter with DE, 2 hp pump, Nature2 clearvision system, Polaris robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool in northern Virginia

Welcome!
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Nice pool!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Also from Northern Virginia here - Manassas Park, VA. I notice in your signature you state you have a Nature2 Clearvision System. I believe that is a mineral system and it is not recommended to use mineral systems as they can add metals to your pool which will cause staining especially since you have a plaster pool.

I had a Nature2 mineral system as well and just removed the cartridge and now I get to save $100 every season by not buying a new cartridge.

If you are near by I'd be happy to show you the test kit and what I have learned from this site so far.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm just down Rt 28 from you. The Rappahannock River is one of my property lines. I did not know that about the Nature2 cartridges. Anthony & Sylvan installed it when they built the pool. I'm in Manassas every three or four weeks to hit McKay's Books. You are welcome to come out and see me as well. Hope you don't mind really big dogs.
    35,000 gallon Anthony & Sylvan, plaster over concrete, Purex Triton FNSP 60 filter with DE, 2 hp pump, Nature2 clearvision system, Polaris robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

The pool is great especially with the tiki bar around. Definitely a nice place to hang out some times.