Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the forum

Hello. Brand new to the forum. I was directed here by a member of a car forum that I belong to. I tried to lurk and find an answer to my question, but no luck so I joined. So far, I've liked what I've seen - particularly ideas for hiding my pump equipment. I will now try to find the appropriate section in which to place my question. Have a great day!
    35,000 gallon Anthony & Sylvan, plaster over concrete, Purex Triton FNSP 60 filter with DE, 2 hp pump, Nature2 clearvision system, Polaris robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the forum

Welcome to TFP! Glad you're here.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum. You came to the right place. What we teach is learning about what YOUR pool needs by proper testing. Pool stores are in the business of selling chemicals. TFPC is in the business of knowledge and education. Look around, ask questions "their are no dumb questions around here" and look over pool school. Take it in baby steps. It might look like a lot of information but it is straight forward and easy to learn. Welcome to the CLEAR SIDE.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the site!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Smykowski View Post
    Welcome to TFP! Glad you're here.
    Thank you. I'm reading the last two lines of your signature and I'm liking what I am seeing. Similar results will be welcome.
    35,000 gallon Anthony & Sylvan, plaster over concrete, Purex Triton FNSP 60 filter with DE, 2 hp pump, Nature2 clearvision system, Polaris robot.