Renting out a house with a pool

Just sharing experiences, even when you have good renters you seem to run into 2 problems:

1, the ones that report every little maintenance issue, like the hinges need oiling

2, And those that don't, meaning the ones that don't mention that the kitchen sink drain has been leaking for 6 months and has now rotted out the cabinet work.

I looked at renting a house w a pool when I moved back to Texas. The lease cost would have included pool service. It seemed very fair to me. Honestly at that point I did not want to care for a pool and the fear that I would ruin something that expensive was enough to make me happy to pay someone else to do it... but I am not the average renter. Charge them in the rent. Let them know that a pool service will be coming in for regular maintenance and you will stop by every few weeks to handle the "other pool stuff". By "other pool stuff" I mean keeping an eye on the property.

I owned a rental house for a couple of years (no pool) and it was the work of the devil. I hated everything about it. I had a woman that insisted that the wiring in the house was bad and was ruining all of her lamps and the overhead lights. Turns out she didn't put in new light bulbs.... I am not even kidding you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.