Cost for Automation

Brenna

Jan 28, 2014
Hi All,

In the negotiating/picking a PB phase and have a quick question. The PB that we are leaning toward has quoted us $2175 for pentair easy touch 4-station as an update ($2700 for 8 station).

All other pb's had this included in their base price so I can't gauge the cost.

When I look on pool supply sites, they are under $500 (clearly not installed and I'm not sure if that price includes all things i need or just the remote and antennae).

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You would have to ask what is included in that price.

There is just the base automation center, plus if there are valves to be automated you need actuators at $100+ each, plus does that include SWG, plus if you want wireless usually the antennae and remotes are separate, plus there is the added complexity of the install.

I think for the Hayward, the antenna and remote alone are over $500. The base unit is around $500, the SWG cell is around $500, plus $100 each for valve actuators ... so the $2200 does not necessarily seem far off.

At discount Internet pricing the load center is $600 to $1200, depending on model, and then a controller is $200 to $600 on top of that. You will probably also need some odds and ends, like valve actuators and the receiver for wireless remotes, which will bring the price a little higher.

Thanks for the insight....I figure that install costs and misc equipment adds up quick (and I expect the PB is added a little onto everything for himself). I just want to make sure its in the realm of normal. The SWG is a separate line item at $700.

You really can NOT compare internet pricing like this. If you are going to have it installed by the builder then he's giving you a decent price as he has costs to cover. BTW, the price they gave you is pretty fair.

I HATE internet pricing. I really think it hurts the folks in our community that are trying to make a living and support his/her family. Yes I do internet shopping but for items I can't find around my area.

Yes look at the Pentair warranty. As long as it's installed by a qualified and licensed, it your area has licensing requirements, it would be covered for warranty. But buyer be ware!

You really can NOT compare internet pricing like this. If you are going to have it installed by the builder then he's giving you a decent price as he has costs to cover. BTW, the price they gave you is pretty fair.

I HATE internet pricing. I really think it hurts the folks in our community that are trying to make a living and support his/her family.

I couldn't agree more.....Sometimes the internet is my worst enemy. And I realize there is a installation cost to consider as well. I brought it the group as I am just trying to do my due diligence that I am paying a fair price for the upgrades offered. Thanks for the input.....its helping a bunch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.