Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3 port valve for Suction end and for return lines. Jandy vs Hayward

1. Back To Top    #1

3 port valve for Suction end and for return lines. Jandy vs Hayward

I currently have (2) Hayward 3 port valves that need to be replaced. I believe they are the Hayward SPX-733 Dial-a-Flow valves. I am considering replacing them with the Jandy 4715 Neverlube valves. Any thoughts, recommendations or experience with the Jandy 4715 valves?

Thanks
    Rich
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3 port valve for Suction end and for return lines. Jandy vs Hayward

The Jandy Neverlube valves are the best available valve. Hayward and Pentair now have valves that are so close that you are unlikely to ever notice a difference.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Jandy Neverlube are the standard ... Hayward and Pentair also make equivalent valves. Any should be fine.

What size if you pipe? Better to use the valve size that lets the pipe slip in to the valve. If 1.5" pipe get the 1.5/2 valve, if 2" pipe get the 2/2.5 valve.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Jandy Neverlube are the standard ... Hayward and Pentair also make equivalent valves. Any should be fine.

What size if you pipe? Better to use the valve size that lets the pipe slip in to the valve. If 1.5" pipe get the 1.5/2 valve, if 2" pipe get the 2/2.5 valve.
    I have the 1.5" lines, so they would slip into the ports. I have to either replace the guts on my Hayward valves @ $38 each, or just plumb new Jandy 4715's for $40-$ 45 ea. Seemed like the Jandy had better reviews and seemed to last longer.

Thanks jblizzle,
    Rich
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG