Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite not generating - Power light on

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite not generating - Power light on

Power light is on...~31VDC across the red and black terminals. No other lights. Display looks good with normal readings...except for cell voltage. The relay does not click when powered on...and I noticed that the display stays on when the switch is moved from Auto to Off. Z3 (Black varistor) looks and tests good. No other noticable burn marks. Transformer coils measure in range also. (~2.8ohms). Also getting ~3.5VDC on pins 1-3 to the display board.
    (I have replaced Z3 multiple times in the past when it went bad) PCB is 8 years old.

Any suggestions....before I purchase a new PCB.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite not generating - Power light on

I'm going to piggy back on this post as my post in other thread may have been misplaced. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...l=1#post621187

The symptoms described by MrCyJr above match what I'm noticing as well... I haven't tested the voltage yet, but will do so if need be. My PCB is likely 7-9 years old as well. I went ahead and bought PCB and Display on Amazon and will return if not needed. You guys think we need a new PCB?

3. Back To Top    #3

Just wondering -- have you had the cell tested? I think our local Leslie's tests them for free, if you have one of their stores nearby.
    16x32 IG vinyl liner, ~19K gallon, built with my own blood, sweat, & tears!
    1 hp Water Ace pump, Goldline Aqua-Rite 40K SWG
    300# Hayward sand filter, dual skimmers, pool open 12 mos/yr

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by poolcat View Post
    Just wondering -- have you had the cell tested? I think our local Leslie's tests them for free, if you have one of their stores nearby.
    I actually went ahead and replaced both the PCB and the Display on mine and it all seems to be functioning properly. I will bring the cell in to get tested now as well to make sure everything is in good working order. Just to be safe and know all my components are good. Thanks for the tip.

All the lights come on as they should now on the Aquarite.