As part of our 'deluxe' pool equipment package, we had Hayward's ProLogic PL-P4 installed. My understanding is there are two main options for controlling the ProLogic panel wirelessly;
- Hayward Aquaconnect and smartphone via Hayward's app
- Hayward's wireless Tabltop remote
I assume that either option will require the purchase of Hayward's wireless base that attaches to the ProLogic panel?
We will be using the relays as follows;
- 2 relays to control the Hayward 2 speed pump
- 1 relay to control the booster pump for a Polaris 280 cleaner
- 1 relay for the pool lights
- 1 Extra relay for landscape lighting
The way it was explained to me by our electrician is that without a remote, the ProLogic panel can only control this 5th relay via programmed timer (no on demand on/off capability as there is no button for a 5th relay on the PL-P4 brains). With the addition of a remote, this 5th relay can be turned on/off on demand.
So, with that said, does anyone have feedback on one option vs the other.
Has anyone utilized a 5th relay with the PL-P4 panel and controlled it with one of the options?
Price breaks down like this;
- Aquaconnect (370.00 from PolytecPools) plus wireless base (130.00) = 500.00
- Tabletop remote (390.00) plus wireless base (130.00) = 520.00