Above ground off of a gravel road pump question.

Apr 10, 2014
iowa
new to site. first post. My husband grew up with a 24' 52" ag doughboy. it was maintained very well and was just taken down last year. The same liner for almost 30 years. The water was never completely drained. Like i said his family took great care of it. We moved and rented out the house and instead of waiting for my husband to show them how to care for the pool they took the cover off and drained it (because the water was dirty) stupid people. left it waterless for several days before we knew it. Liner was destroyed so we took it down.

We live on several acres of land on a gravel road and fields all around us. after much research and I bought a pro series 26' 52" ag. For the price I couldn't pass it up. We still have the pump from the previous pool. My question is do you think a sand filter would be better then a carteridge filter giving that we live on a gravel road? The pool will be about 200 feet off of the road. but it will still be dusty. I am going to use the BBB method as hubby said he is not taking care of the pool. I have no problem with that I am a smart women. He will however do the install. we plan on burying more then half way with a retaining wall around most of it as it will be put partially into a hill.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Any filter type will keep your pool clean ... just keep adequate chlorine in the water. I would suggest trying what you have and seeing how it goes.

Do you know the model / size of the existing filter and pump?

I've always had cartridge filters, I live in Australia and water usage is a big concern, you don't have to backwash with a cartridge filter and if you get a good one, you should only have to clean it once or twice a season.... :) There's also a lot less lifting of heavy sand with cartridges.... I like to make things as easy as possible....

I am not sure what type the pump is I know it is at least a 2500 gal per hour pump. Thank you for the quick responses. I am going to try the pump we already have. I know that what comes with the pool on the skimmer is not enough and will burn out quickly. Gonna to make the change right away and not mess with the one that comes in the box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.