Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Phx pool/backyard BUILD

1. Back To Top    #1

North Phx pool/backyard BUILD

Apparently I started my other thread a while back in the wrong forum section and just noticed today. We are getting towards the end of our build but thought I would post up some pics/stats.

80 lf perimeter IG pool
    12x28 Freeform shape
    4-5.5-4 depth
    Pentair Intelliflo VS
    Pentair Cartridge filter
    Pentair EasyTouch
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Intellibrite light
    48" sheer
    2x Scupper pots
    2x deck jets
    Brick coping
    Pebble Sheen - Aqua Blue
    Glass mosaic tile

We had an old pool that had a leak and other plumbing/deck issues so we decided to demo and rebuild in a new location.

Also did new sod a few weeks ago and they are currently working on pavers. Getting excited to be done!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: North Phx pool/backyard BUILD

So far so good...though, any concern with the light shining away from the steps, being placed after the steps? The baja/steps might be fairly dark at night
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks great.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

4. Back To Top    #4

We wanted the light to shine away from the house so it wasnt blinding/glare-y and more for ambiance. I guess we wont know till its full of water and we can turn it on!

5. Back To Top    #5

That very top step will likely be a little dark, the others should be okay. Could always use some of the cool glow in the dark tiles as markers! Or a lighted bubbler...
    Blaine

50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

My pool build:
    osage-hills-pool-build-t50526.html

6. Back To Top    #6

Pavers done and tile installed today. Scheduled for pebble sheen next Friday!

7. Back To Top    #7

That tile is so pretty! I'm amazed at the selections our members are choosing! I would be like... I want this, NO This! Ohhhh.... look at that one!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Looking Great!

9. Back To Top    #9

Well pebble sheen got pushed due to delays getting our fence put in on the side yard. Finally got them to come today! Didnt show up till almost 3 though and finished around 7. Guy is coming back in the morning to acid wash and then we start the fill!!

Only got the one pic from the wife as I am at work. Will post more tomorrow.

A question on startup...the sheet the installers gave indicated to just add muratic acid to stabilize PH, but NO chlorine until PH is stable. Does that sound right?

10. Back To Top    #10

About half full now.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Wow, I love the colours... Beautiful pool....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

12. Back To Top    #12

Looking good! I bet it has been an interesting process to tear out a pool and build an entire new one.
    Our Pool Build! (Done) 18x36, IG Vinyl... All Equipment is Pentair... EasyTouch with IC40 SWG, Clean and Clear Plus 420 Cartridge Filter, Intelliflo VS pump.

13. Back To Top    #13

It has been interesting! We are very happy with the result and the space it opened up in the yard by moving the pool.

All filled up and running. Even had some swimmers!

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks great! You will have a fun summer!
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Very nice!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

16. Back To Top    #16

the pots are still capped?
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

The water color is beautiful!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

18. Back To Top    #18

I still have to set the pots and cut off the pipe. Hopefully this week! Loving the water color with the tiles...very blue!

19. Back To Top    #19

What color is your brick coping? Looking to replace our red brick coping with something. Thanks

20. Back To Top    #20

Its called dark iron spot from Noble Tile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast