Dolphin M5 vs Dolphin Oasis Z5

I am in the process of acquiring a new cleaner and am glad to have looked here. Currently I have a Kreepy Krauly that is done with. Besides leaving lots behind, it is not able to get unstuck and yesterday as I pulled it out of the pool, I found that the hose connection is broken. So, my pool is large (20 x 44), in ground, vinyl, and a lazy "L" shape. Will this still be handled well by the robot? Any thoughts or suggestions? Best place to buy? Any concerns?
Thank you!

Thanks for everyone reviewing the Oasis Z5... I ordered mine a couple days ago, it will be here next Tuesday...

Just an FYI.. if you get it from epicpoolsupply.com it is currently $1199 and if you use coupon code "dolphin100" it will take another $100 off. I paid $1099 for it, didn't think that was too bad.

I couldn't find a supplier for the M5 around me either. And Dallas/Fort Worth isn't a small town. :)

Regarding the question about L shaped pools, I think the Z5 is a good solution. It is a "zero turn" robot. It turns on a dime and heads another direction, rather than lazily wandering around. I think it would work for your pool.

If it helps... My Z5 arrived yesterday. My pool had a little bit of dirt in the deep end but overall really clean. I could not believe how much the robot is picking up.. My pool looks GREAT! It doesn't seem to be missing anything! Glad I bought it. It is also super easy to clean the filters with it being top loaded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Z5 and M5 appear to be the same robot, the only reason you would buy an M5 is if you wanted to spend extra money. IMHO, the extra features aren't really worth the price on the M5.

I couldn't find a supplier for the M5 around me either. And Dallas/Fort Worth isn't a small town. :)

Regarding the question about L shaped pools, I think the Z5 is a good solution. It is a "zero turn" robot. It turns on a dime and heads another direction, rather than lazily wandering around. I think it would work for your pool.

For me the timer/auto run feature would be worth the expense since I travel a lot. I would like it to run every day so I don't come home to a giant mess.

Everyones experience is different, but personally I wouldn't leave it to run when I'm not around. all it takes is one idiot to pull it out of the water when its running and bye bye pool cleaner, not to mention, they can get stuck, break etc

Nobody is coming in my backyard without me here, besides if they do I'll have them on one of the 8 security cameras around the premises, one of them is right behind the diving board. :) Oh, you didn't mean steal it, you mean just take it out while it's running... nobody is in my backyard without me here... ;) My border collies don't like strangers. I don't have kids (she's 16). And I don't know anyone that would pull it out while it's running. They leave my stuff alone.

This is my second robot, 3 years on the first one, never had a situation where it got stuck or broke in the pool. Not saying it can't happen, but so far so good.

I shrunk this down since we didn't really need details. :)

pool_zps5737f5a9.jpg

There's the robot in the pool, too bad I didn't post a video, it's running right now. :)

Excuse the ladder and fan and all the other mess, we were hanging some shade sails and didn't put things away yet. The pool was too inviting once we were finished.

Everyones experience is different, but personally I wouldn't leave it to run when I'm not around. all it takes is one idiot to pull it out of the water when its running and bye bye pool cleaner, not to mention, they can get stuck, break etc

How does taking it out while running damage the unit? I'm surprised there aren't major warnings in the manual about this.

Ordered the Dolphin Z5 from Epic Pool Supply for $1049. First time pool owner. Pool not finished yet, but didn't want to miss chance to get one of these at an end of season discount. Since spring 2017 will be our first swim season.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Dolphin Z5 when on the caddy? Mine is still boxed up for winter. Would like to buy a Suncast storage container for it outside during spring-summer to keep out of direct sun and weather. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.