Dolphin M5 vs Dolphin Oasis Z5

I just went to Epic a while ago, and CANNOT believe I didn't order a second set of filters for my M5. :rant:

They are now 99.00 instead of 59.99 What the? How did that happen?
which filters? Two sets came with my M5. The ultra fine filter works great, the spring leaf filter not so much......

The ultra fine filters are available on eBay for about $57 with free shipping.

I am just currious how long you expect the fine filters to last? I doubt I will ever use the corse filter. I recently bought an m4 that uses the same filter. Just for reference the cloth filter bag on my old dolphin diagniostic worked as good as new for 10 seasons and outlasted the cleaner.

It took me all of one cycle to remove the spring leaf filters and replace them with the fine filters. Big difference. I had to rinse out all the silt and stuff the spring filter left in the bottom of the cleaner after the first cycle. Haven't yet had to do that with the fine.

We own the Oasis Z5, nice cleaner but always gets stuck on either of the two main drains, with or without pump running. I regret not purchasing the M5 from a local dealer since I can't even get the Z5 dealer to respond to questions on possible fixes, add-ons, or work arounds. I'm talking zero support after the sale....

We own the Oasis Z5, nice cleaner but always gets stuck on either of the two main drains, with or without pump running. I regret not purchasing the M5 from a local dealer since I can't even get the Z5 dealer to respond to questions on possible fixes, add-ons, or work arounds. I'm talking zero support after the sale....

Pic of your main drains?

Have you called them?

I'm in the same boat with the Z5. Who did you buy yours from? I bought from Epic, but have not attempted to contact them yet.

Purchased from Epic, responded only after 3 weeks and day after I posted here online. Said contact Dolphin, which I did, they said they couldn't help but could try:
Unicover made by Polaris
Smart Ring made by SmartPool

Haven't seen a good review yet on Smart Ring, will start researching the Unicover, crossing fingers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm so thankful that my Z5 doesn't get stuck on the drains. I still absolutely love this thing. I use it about twice per week and leave my pump on low speed for 10 hours. Pool has never been cleaner and my electricity bill has been super low because of it!

First post. I purchased the Dolphin Oasis Z5 (based on comments from this forum) and have used it for 2 weeks. One of my DE grids had broken and i had DE all over the pool floor, not to mention dirt and green mess. i had the spring filter in it at first and all it did was spread the dirt around. Once i put the fine filters in it went to work and did a great job. I had to clean the filters after an hour a couple of times (very easy) but after 3 runs the pool was clean!! Once the mess was cleaned up i have used it every other day and i have never seen the pool so clean. i have a 30k gallon pool and it is somewhat asymetric but this bot gets it all. I just got the TF - 100 test kit and will begin using the TFP protocal. i would recommend the Dolphin Oasis Z5 to my friends.

Will these hold many leaves before the filter is full? Looking at the video, it appears the capacity is really tiny, much smaller than the filter bag on my Diagnostic. My old Diagnostic is finally worn out and out of warranty after 3.5 years, not sure I want to put money into fixing it when I could get something much better for my large pool. Thing is, when the fall hits, I am bombarded with leaves and the Diagnostic could never keep up. Really it wasn't all that good at picking up leaves due to the small slots in the bottom. Looks like the Z5 has the same problem.

I'm not sure on leaves. but on them I'd run the mesh filters. Mine picked up grout (after my spillway was regrouted due to PB laziness the first time). Lots of grout chunks.

That's the largest thing I've picked up. Oh and a bird egg shell. Strangely it didn't even break the shell.

I really think you'll be pleased overall with the Z5. you may have to clean out the cartridges to get all the leaves but I bet it will do a mighty fine job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.