Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it OK to bury my 24'x54" AGP 2 ft into the ground?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it OK to bury my 24'x54" AGP 2 ft into the ground?

to make my AGP level with my deck, i am thinking of burying it 2ft into the ground. Any thoughts on this or anything I should do to the pool differently? I have having the dealer do the install and they said they will do whatever i want.
    27' 54" round Aqualeader Sentinelle AGP, Hayward XStream 150, Hayward Matrix 2hp 2 speed, skimmer, bottom main drain.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it OK to bury my 24'x54" AGP 2 ft into the ground?

I have the same problem. And after reading manual it says my pool can be above ground or semi-in ground. I did not now that when I order it online. So maybe check your pool instructions and you will be allowed to do that. If not then you will automatically void your warranty
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

3. Back To Top    #3

Anyone had issues or know of anyone that has with a buried pool?
    27' 54" round Aqualeader Sentinelle AGP, Hayward XStream 150, Hayward Matrix 2hp 2 speed, skimmer, bottom main drain.

4. Back To Top    #4

Check your warranty above all and if it is covered by burying 2 feet deep. If so, there are usually special instructions regarding on exactly how to backfill around it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

they say that it isn't covered by warranty, but i am still thinking about doing it and taking my chances.

Woodyp, i see yours is that deep, have you had any problems?

6. Back To Top    #6

Well,...........at least none that I know of! Going on 5 summers with it this year.
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Well,...........at least none that I know of! Going on 5 summers with it this year.
    what and how did you back fill it? did you do anything special when you had it back filled?
    I looked at the specs of your pool, mine are the same except i have 7" Resin uprights vs your 6" coated steel.

8. Back To Top    #8

Here is my warranty and instructions: Semi- Inground Pool Warranty and Instructions
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

9. Back To Top    #9

You should be better off with the resin posts. I backfilled with what came out of the hole, mostly red clay mixed with some topsoil. Just shovel chopped up any chunks before doing so.