"New construction" need guidance

Riven

Jul 3, 2010
We had a terrible lose 2 years ago when our liner tore and the flood gates opened leaving us pool-less! Last year was a bad year for us and we didn't get it re-lined and set up. Soooo... this year we're getting her all set back up.

What we've got: 24' round doughboy, old school model as this was the one that I swam in as a child! We moved it from my grandparents to our house. Sand filter, creepy crawler for vacuum, TFP test kit, and chlorine chems.

So... we have a large hole dug out that is appx 2' deep as we are going to partially subset the pool. I need to get a load of sand brought in so we can level it and order some replacement rails that has rusted over the years. Sidewall, caps, etc all still good. We replaced some things like filter etc a couple years ago, new cove is on the way, but we still need to order a new liner and set up the base.

Any recommendations on liners? My grandparents had the pool up for over 20 years and never relined it...

Base help as well... I've heard everything from insulation type foam boards (which kind of makes sense) to just sand, to pool-crete... I'm looking for the smoothest and easiest to accomplish method that will of coarse last. We live in a rural area with livestock and farming, which means dust and leaves, which of course means lots of vacumming. Nothing like a hole or thirty that you can't get into!

Thanks for the help, can't wait to get this project started even though we went from 70's to a freak 1' of snow in 24 hours here, lol.

I am finishing my build. I elected to use 3/4" extruded foam for the floor. It is the blue or green or pink type of foam board. Triple tape the seams with duct tape. The liner slides on the foam so easy it is very easy to install. Do the liner install on a sunny warm day. You can follow my progress here. It contains many pictures that might help you.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/72076-1-75-psi-pressing-on-the-bottom-of-the-pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.