New Build - Just Finished Startup Yesterday...

Jan 14, 2014
Richmond, TX
We are finally almost fully completed with our build. Pool was plastered and filled late last week and we had our start up on Saturday. Builder is did a 'Traditional Start-up' after acid washing plaster directly after installation. Pulled our first solo test results today everything looked fairly good to me after start up with the exception of the PH levels. Would appreciate any thoughts and guidance as I work through my first TFT results.

PH 7.8
FC 5.5
CC 1.5
TC 7
CH 7.5
TA 150
CYA 50

The start-up guy placed what I believe are Tricor tablets into the basket prior to leaving (I didn't even see him do it) but I can only assume that is what they are (large white tablets).

We're currently running our pump 24 hours/day and brushing + vacuuming at least daily. Planning on continuing this practice until the dust subsides.

Your thoughts are appreciated!!!

WP_20140411_001.jpg

The larger white tablets are most likely trichlor and if he put them in the skimmer, you should be running the pump 24/7 to avoid damage.

Your CC seems high, but could be due to the water company adding it for sanitation.

Also your CYA is already at the upper limit of our non-SWG recommendations and the trichlor is adding more. But in a month when you add the salt to start the SWG you will want to raise the CYA as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.