Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build - Just Finished Startup Yesterday...

1. Back To Top    #1

Richmond, TX

New Build - Just Finished Startup Yesterday...

We are finally almost fully completed with our build. Pool was plastered and filled late last week and we had our start up on Saturday. Builder is did a 'Traditional Start-up' after acid washing plaster directly after installation. Pulled our first solo test results today everything looked fairly good to me after start up with the exception of the PH levels. Would appreciate any thoughts and guidance as I work through my first TFT results.

PH 7.8
    FC 5.5
    CC 1.5
    TC 7
    CH 7.5
    TA 150
    CYA 50

The start-up guy placed what I believe are Tricor tablets into the basket prior to leaving (I didn't even see him do it) but I can only assume that is what they are (large white tablets).

We're currently running our pump 24 hours/day and brushing + vacuuming at least daily. Planning on continuing this practice until the dust subsides.

Your thoughts are appreciated!!!

Newly Completed - 15,500 gallon IG w/ Midnight Blue DiamondBrite plaster, travertine coping, and KoolDeck. Equipment Includes: Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, WhisperFlo 2-speed 1.5hp main pump, 1.5hp water feature pump, Hayward SWG, 4 returns, 2 skimmers, and 2 drains.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New Build - Just Finished Startup Yesterday...

The larger white tablets are most likely trichlor and if he put them in the skimmer, you should be running the pump 24/7 to avoid damage.

Your CC seems high, but could be due to the water company adding it for sanitation.

Also your CYA is already at the upper limit of our non-SWG recommendations and the trichlor is adding more. But in a month when you add the salt to start the SWG you will want to raise the CYA as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!