First test results are in ....

Turbothechihuahua

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 23, 2013
Oro Valley AZ
So we are in limbo waiting 30 days for our SWG to be installed.

I am a total newbie... But here it what the tests showed.

Fc- 1.5
Cc- 0
Ph-7.6
TA- 100
Ch- 200
Cya- 45

I added a few ounces of acid per the pool calculator. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!

Yes your FC is wayyy to low for your CYA. You should be targeting an FC of 8 and never let it drop below 4.
Get some bleach in there ASAP so you don't have an algae bloom.
Everything else looks good.
I take it these test results are from one of the recommended test kits.

You have to use the FAS/DPD test to be able to read FC levels greater than 5. Believe me our FC is not in the "sweet" spot for preventing algae. It's in the "sweet" spot for an algae outbreak.
If you have a TF -100 kit why are you using what the PB gave you.

You need to get your chlorine level up. Your CYA level requires at least 3-4 ppm of Chlorine to be effective, yet your current level is too low and may allow algae to blossom.
Use the PoolMath application to advise you on how much liquid bleach or chlorine you need to add, the sooner the better :)

See the link in my signature to watch a demonstration of the FAS-DPD test. Maintain fc at a minimum of 5 % of the cya for salt pools and a minimum of 7.5% of the cya for manually dosed pools. You could also raise your calcium level a bit depending on your current and expected water temperatures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.