Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test results are in ....

1. Back To Top    #1

First test results are in ....

So we are in limbo waiting 30 days for our SWG to be installed.

I am a total newbie... But here it what the tests showed.

Fc- 1.5
    Cc- 0
    Ph-7.6
    TA- 100
    Ch- 200
    Cya- 45

I added a few ounces of acid per the pool calculator. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!
    8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014
    My pool build - in progress

2. Back To Top    #2

Yes your FC is wayyy to low for your CYA. You should be targeting an FC of 8 and never let it drop below 4.
    Get some bleach in there ASAP so you don't have an algae bloom.
    Everything else looks good.
    I take it these test results are from one of the recommended test kits.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First test results are in ....

This was from the t-100 test kits.... But the FC scale only goes up to 5, am I missing something? 1.5 was right in the sweet spot on the test tubes the pool builder provided....
    8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014

4. Back To Top    #4

You have to use the FAS/DPD test to be able to read FC levels greater than 5. Believe me our FC is not in the "sweet" spot for preventing algae. It's in the "sweet" spot for an algae outbreak.
    If you have a TF -100 kit why are you using what the PB gave you.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

I think that 1.5 was for TC my bad!

I never saw this other test for FC.... What do I do?

6. Back To Top    #6

You do have the TF-100 test kit kit correct ? The one we on the forum recommend. If that's what you are using there's a complete list of testing instructions with the kit.
    Jeff

7. Back To Top    #7

You need to get your chlorine level up. Your CYA level requires at least 3-4 ppm of Chlorine to be effective, yet your current level is too low and may allow algae to blossom.
    Use the PoolMath application to advise you on how much liquid bleach or chlorine you need to add, the sooner the better
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

Jeff

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Turbothechihuahua View Post
    I think that 1.5 was for TC my bad!

I never saw this other test for FC.... What do I do?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

See the link in my signature to watch a demonstration of the FAS-DPD test. Maintain fc at a minimum of 5 % of the cya for salt pools and a minimum of 7.5% of the cya for manually dosed pools. You could also raise your calcium level a bit depending on your current and expected water temperatures.

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for all of your help guys! I added bleach and raised the calcium a little (per the pool calculator)..... I will test it again tomorrow and report back.

12. Back To Top    #12

Good job ! Just would hate to see ya have an algae outbreak. No need to deal with that !!
    Jeff