Sad...may not be able to do pool this year.

Apr 18, 2011
I have had two intex pools for a total of 5 years. I love setting up and taking care of my little pool for 2 or 3 months every summer. My next door neighbors, who also had an intex of their own, moved this winter and their house sold fast. New neighbors have little ones, a 3 year old and two 5 year olds. For safety concerns, I decided we can't set up our pool without a permit anymore with the little kids right next door. After looking at our land survey in preparation for the permit, I discovered I have had the pool over a utility easement (a no-no) and it is also too close to our garage (another no-no). So, I can't set the pool up on our old spot anymore. It took me two years to level that spot right. Our yard is quite sloped. There is another spot in our yard that would probably be up to code for pool setup, BUT it is completely shaded, lots of trees to dirty up the pool, and like my old spot needs to be leveled quite a bit.

I'm trying to decide if I want a shady pool that is going to be a pain to clean, or no pool at all. My kids are 12 and 15 now. Since we get passes to a local water park, they can be swayed either way as far as having the pool in our yard. It's just me. I loved that pool, but now it just won't be the same...Sigh...

I'm sorry to hear that..I hope you find a way to still have your pool and enjoy it.. I can identify somewhat..but I am very stubborn and I forced myself to be patient and do the right thing...even though it meant I had to wait a bit more..end result is I'm glad I did! We saved up through the fall and winter..we got our privacy fence installed last month..now nothing will hinder the enjoyment of our pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.