Storing Vac Hose -- recommendations?

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
I'd like to get a hose reel. I see one that is a cart with wheels and other reels without wheels. I don't want something that is flimsy that will break or be more of a hassle to use than rolling the hose by hand.

The hose will likely be kept out of storage, in the sun sometimes. I don't think the reel will fit in the Suncast storage area where I used to wind the vac hose around some large tubs of chemicals.

Does anyone have any warnings of brands they were unhappy with, or suggestions of a brand they liked?

I do not want to make one of PVC, I really want one that unrolls the hose so that it does not kink.

Advice?

We found a large trash can with lid works best for us. Easy to coil and uncoil, hides easily, and keeps the hose out of the sun.

Mine just goes in the large deck box along with the nozzles and brooms. Handy and out of sight.

Eh, been doing that, but I'm finding that not sufficient. Maybe now that the Polaris is running so well, we won't need that hose out much and it can go back where it had been, wound around a bucket of Cal-hypo or whatever in the storage box way around the corner.

I was hoping that someone had a favorite product that they used to roll the hose up and cart away neatly without having to wind up and fight to unwind later. Guess I'll just blindly try one, after I resolve whether it will fit back into the bin.

Eh, been doing that, but I'm finding that not sufficient. Maybe now that the Polaris is running so well, we won't need that hose out much and it can go back where it had been, wound around a bucket of Cal-hypo or whatever in the storage box way around the corner.

I was hoping that someone had a favorite product that they used to roll the hose up and cart away neatly without having to wind up and fight to unwind later. Guess I'll just blindly try one, after I resolve whether it will fit back into the bin.

Probably why it works for me. Hardly use the hose vac with the Polaris. The robot works amazing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.