Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In Need of FSH 500 Tank Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lewisville, TX

In Need of FSH 500 Tank Replacement

Greetings All,

The top part of my filter tank has a large crack in it and I need a new one. I really just need a top that is comparable, but will most likely have to buy the tank as a whole. The FSH 500 (500 sq ft) is no longer manufactured and I'm looking for another tank top that would be the same in size so I don't have to replace the whole unit. I'm trying to replace it at cheaper costs since I just replaced my backwash valve. Any help in comparable FSH 500 tanks would be helpful.

16K gal Plaster Pool (built approx. 1999)| 2HP Purex Triton WhisperFlo Pump | Polaris PB4 Booster Pump | Purex Triton Sea Horse Cartridge Filter FSH 500 (DE grids inside) | Hayward Vari-Flo Valve | Compool 3-Way Valves | Chlorine/Bromine Feeder Model 320 (Rainbow Lifegard) | Laars Lite Heater | Whisper Jet II (Tropic Air) | 6'9" x 6'9" Spa
    Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: In Need of FSH 500 Tank Replacement

I am guessing you will be better off replacing the entire filter. You should be able to find one that will use the same valve.

Expensive to buy just parts even if the filter was not discontinued.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!