Sparkles. Is it time for OFCL test?

8yzyzyza.jpg
I'm asking because I'm still burning thru 10 to 14 ppm in Chlorine everyday. So that tells me I'm losing more than 1 over night.

At 7am today I added and checked 30 min later. Was around 19ppm. Now at 5pm I'm at 12

It was mostly sunny. 80 degrees

What gives?

FC currently at 12 ppm. Slam levels are to be at 16
PH 7.4
CC zero
CYA 40
TA 90
Pool temp 72
Filter cleaned reg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It's important to do the overnight test to eliminate any fc lost to sunlight. If you follow the Slam process as described in pool school, you will eliminate anything that is consuming excess fc.

At 8pm. FC ppm was at 10. Added 122 Oz of 8.25 bleach(1 jug) and Tested after 30 miutes and it read 23 ppm. I believe I saw in pool math that one jug would raise it about 6ppm. This was a big jump.

I'm assuming this won't skew my OFCL test either way.?

Maybe this Walmart bleach is stronger than. 8.25?

At 8pm. FC ppm was at 10. Added 122 Oz of 8.25 bleach(1 jug) and Tested after 30 miutes and it read 23 ppm. I believe I saw in pool math that one jug would raise it about 6ppm. This was a big jump.

I'm assuming this won't skew my OFCL test either way.?

Maybe this Walmart bleach is stronger than. 8.25?

Yep I just looked at pool math and 1 jug of 8.25% should have raised FC by 6. Do you think your FC level could have been higher than 10 ?
It shouldn't affect your OCLT.

It's important to do the overnight test to eliminate any fc lost to sunlight. If you follow the Slam process as described in pool school, you will eliminate anything that is consuming excess fc.

Hello. I've been following the defined guide to the T. I re read pool school everyday. But I'm sure I'm making mistakes.

From 8 am till 5pm I've lost 9ppm . I was curious bc if the pools clear and zero cc, I was asking to determine if losing this much is typical. Because if it is. It gonna be expensive.

Just a little side note. You can keep everything under the same thread you started, then everybody can see the history of what's going on. It makes it easier to follow. One of the mods can put this new thread under your original thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your loss per day will be much lower once you finish the slam process. Right now, you're probably oxidizing something in the water. Your fc/cya percent is also high, which will also contribute to high daytime fc loss.

When doing the test, it's important to make sure that you do it the same way each time to get good precision. Filling to exactly where the meniscus sits on the 10 ml line is important. Also, holding the bottle vertically to get the same size drops makes a big difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.