Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why say NO to SWG for AGP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Why say NO to SWG for AGP!!

Pool is 3 years old. Used a SWG for 2 years. Picture says it all. I disconnected the SWG today and put it up for sale locally. Buying a peristaltic pump for bleach.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/be_fruitful/13830944825/
    21' x 41' Oval AGP for all 9 kids and wife 1 Skimmer, 2 returns, 22" sand filter, Pentair Dynapro 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Why say NO to SWG for AGP!!

Picture isn't public on flickr. Can't see it.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Its set to public. I changed the safety level to safe, if it still doesn't work I'll try to post it here later.
    21' x 41' Oval AGP for all 9 kids and wife 1 Skimmer, 2 returns, 22" sand filter, Pentair Dynapro 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't understand what the picture is showing. Is it a plug on a SWG unit?
    Gerry
    27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

It is a top cap screw that is corroded beyond belief.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I love bleach, and I'm getting a peristaltic pump for my homemade liquidator.... I don't like salt water unless its in the ocean...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

7. Back To Top    #7

I certanly wish I never put salt in my pool. I've got rust in multiple places from the two years I did it.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

8. Back To Top    #8

FYI bleach adds a minimal amount of salt but all the same, it adds salt over time with each addition.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

I let go of the SWG too. I liked it but the pools kept rusting. I also never got the run time right and my chemistry was always off. I hope that everyone understands a SWG is not a set it and forget it situation.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

10. Back To Top    #10

With a SWG you still have to test your chemistry, and will most likely have to add acid on a weekly basis. I don't think anyone here has said it's a set it and forget it solution.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

We love our salt and wouldn't change for anything! We had it with our intex pool and yes, it absolutely rusts the metal. We upgraded this year to a sharkline matrix all resin pool knowing that we'd be using salt. Keeping my fingers crossed. Only bad thing is that the resin scratches up like crazy. the water bottles we had for the solar cover totally gouged up the top rail around the pool which really surprised me. I guess I assumed it was a higher quality plastic they used but apparently not! but that's OK, after two drinks you don't notice it anyway!!
    24' Sharkline Matrix. Coral Reef Liner. Clearwater II Cartridge Filter. Saltron Retro Salt WaterGenerator. 4x20 Ecosaver Solar Panels, Rover Jr. robot vac. Fiberglass Steps and Lifesaver pool fence/gate.

Previous pool: 9x18 intex with salt water generator and vinylworks 5x10 deck.