Can I open pool with cover on until pollen clears, or wait a month?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Last year when we bought the house, the owners had me help open the pool. They strictly waited until late May to open, waiting for all the overhanging oak trees to finish dropping their pollen and "fuzzies" all over the place, and it was a swamp. Right now my pool is looking pretty good- nice coat of bottom sediment, but water is clear. I was thinking about firing up the pool (pull plugs, fill pool, and start up pump) and get the chemistry right, but leave the cover on until the trees are done. Then when it's uncovered, I can worry about vacuuming the bottom and getting the leaves and sticks out that found their way in. OR.... should I just leave it until I uncover it next month? Today it's 85 degrees and it looks like we're done with freezing temps for the year.

That's what I do. I wait till the seed pods fall from the maple tree then I take the cover off. I already have my pump and filter hooked up and water balanced. I'll vacuum when I take the cover off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.