Deck Jet Project (please comment on my plan)

How does this look for a plan (I know these things change sometimes once you start)... I just want to be sure we are on the same page is all...

Thanks agn for helping me out... I did order the 2 three way valves (so far 7 2 way and 2 3 way Jandy Never Lube Valves) I also have the jets ont he way... all that is left is to dig and pick up the pile to put down.

That looks fine. Good luck with the project.

[EDIT] Is the slide self regulating or will you need to adjust the flow for that as well? You might want a separate valve there just so the 3-way can be used as an on off but that's optional.

30" should be sufficient but you might want to check your local building department. And yes, you can slope the pipe if needed but keep the distance underground about the same to avoid damage.

ok so the 3 way valves just showed up, and I guess I misunderstood how they work. No matter what the middle one is an inlet so its going to be tough to get straight runs of pipe into the valve. Does it matter that I will need to use 90's to get things to line up? And does it matter that I will not be able to t into the middle but will need to use the ends? I will try to draw something up...

Question for you... I am still digging... but I am getting there.

As it is I cant run my heater and my Polaris at the same time or the heater will go to low water and stop. They tapped the water supply between the filter and heater, right before the heater... is that normal? Would it work better if I tapped the line between the return and the heater (pipe exiting the heater?) I need to look up the diagram to see the recommended way to install that setup... could be that I just cant run both at the same time... not a huge deal, just thought I would ask since I am redoing some of the plumbing.

thanks agn...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As it is I cant run my heater and my Polaris at the same time or the heater will go to low water and stop.
That should not happen. The Polaris steals very little water from the plumbing so it should not impact the heater. Does the heater get a low pressure alarm?

Well,,, I guess I was wrong. I turned on the Polaris and it had no effect on the heater... I could have sworn it stopped in the past. I hope it's just me not remembering. I will fool with it over the next few days... I have another project after this one... Electrical problems. Every time it turn on the pool lights the gfci breaker trips... I'll save that for another thread... It's an odd one. Gotta love fixing someone else's mistakes.

If I see the low fault on the heater agn I will bring it up.

That sounds about right. The pressure will drop with the Polaris on. You just don't want the pressure to get too low or the heater will alarm.

I started the plumbing part today... I got some things in but was wondering is it ok to keep the pump running with no cap on the Jandy never lube 3 way? If not I will shut it down till I get the rest in and done... I did see a drip or two coming out... Notice that wet spot in the dirt... I am trying to figure out why its damp... I have a sprinkler head not far from it but its been shut off since last year... I even checked, its not turned on... No pool plumbing goes that way... could be water just trapped in the ground I guess... thought it was odd.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.