Need advice...filling a hole that will be under the pool

Jul 17, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Hey folks,

So i had an old clothes line pole sunk in the ground about 2 feet with concrete. I yanked it out with my truck and used it as a fire pit for about a year.

Now, I'm needing to fill it in as I level the ground for the pool.

Any thoughts on the best way to fill it in? My cousin mentioned rocks and sand and douse it with water to move the sand down into all the cracks.

Thanks!

damon

I was in a similar situation with an old fence post I pulled. It was at the corner of a drive way. It was a wooden post about 8 inches in diameter and 3 feet in the ground. I tried filling it in with dirt and bricks but it would continually sink in. If it wouldn't cause any issues with the pool, I think I'd fill it to with in about 6 inches or so of the top with concrete, then put sand or dirt on top of the concrete.

Clean out all the disturbed soil and fill the hole with clean rock. Most common here is #57 rock which varies but is maybe 1-1.5 inch in diameter.

It will not compact........ no sand necessary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.