I need some schooling with regard to my new Hayward Max-Flo VS (SP2300VSP)

Apr 7, 2012
Ok! I'm new to variable speed pumps...

It's installed... and working.

However, I've got some questions (actually lots of questions!)

1) I have V1, V2, and V3 programmed. 1000, 2400, 3000 respectively. Right now (and it's only because I haven't clue what I'm doing)... when it comes on (via timer) -- it primes for 1 M 15 Sec, then it goes to 3000RPM (V3) for 3 hours (runs the pool Kreepy Krawly) as well as inject Chlorine via my Liquidator... Then it drops down to 1000 RPM (V1) -- where it stays for 12 hours.

(Mind you, I JUST installed it last night!)...

at 1000RPM the psi gauge moves about 2 needle widths... but water is clearly pumping through.
at 3000RPM everything works like it did with the old 1HP single speed.

Is there a way to get it to run for V2 as part of the program too? I've read and re-read the manual... it states:

"The pump is set to start in prime mode. When priming has finished the pump will then switch to speed V3. the pump will run at this speed for its programmed time then switch to speed V1. The pump will then remain at speed V1 until power is cycled or another speed is selected."

^^ Where does V2 come into play (if at all)?

2) Is it "safe" to leave the Kreepy plugged into the bottom of the skimmer (like it has always been) even when the pump is running at 1000RPM?

3) Any thoughts or suggestions (or even how you do it?) for setting this sort of thing up. I do not have an vac. outlet or anything like that...

Any other thoughts or idea... I'm wide open... I'm happy that I've been able to have a successful pool -- now I'm just trying to keep it like it has been with my new pump. :)

Thanks, as usual, for any thoughts,
Pete :)

V2 is available for manual selection, but is not part of the automatic sequence. Depending on your needs, V2 is often used for things like backwashing the filter and/or manual vacuuming. The way you have things setup right now V3 is probably a better speed to use for those things, but not everyone sets up V3 at nearly that high of a speed, which leaves them using V2 for those things.

Leaving the Kreepy plugged in at low speed is fine. It won't clean the pool but water will still circulate and get filtered, which is what you want.

I don't have any real answers for you, but given its type of construction I would not think there would be any harm in leaving the suction side vac plugged in while the pump is on low speed.

Ike

Ha! I *JUST* went outside to fiddle and see the lowest speed that my Kreepy Great White will work, etc.

And... yup... the Great White is ready to be rebuilt. LOL.

Stay tuned until the rebuild kit comes. LOL.

I brought it to my local pool store and they swear the only thing it needed was the skirt. Funny... because I can't get it to go up the side of the pool unless I run it at 3000rpm... yet the gauge is within tolerances at 2200rpm...

GRRRRRRRR...

I'm thinking it might be time for a plug-in vac...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.