As I posted a couple of weeks ago, our winter cover had blown off (after being under a couple of feet of ice for a while, the cable snapped. It all melted and the cover flew off while we were on vacation) and I didn't want to mess with getting a new cable and getting it back on.
The water has only been about 50, so for the last couple of weeks, there was a lot of brushing, stirring, skimming, testing, and adding bleach. Last weekend, I threw in a tablet and this weekend we hooked up the pump and filter and she's stirring away!
Thanks to all of YOU, the pool was clear when we got home and the cover was gone. I've been testing, but wanted to wait until the pump was actually churning a bit to share numbers.
FC - 5
pH - LOW - currently aerating
TA - 80 (I fought high TA all year last year from the fill truck water. this makes me happy!!)
Salt - 2430 according to a strip
The water's a balmy 60 degrees currently, so I may wait till it comes up a bit to add more salt. It's supposed to be 80 today - and snow Tuesday. Mother Nature seriously needs some meds.
And other than the hubby making sure that all of my connections were tight, I hooked it all back up and got these ROCKING numbers all by myself!
Thank you all so much for all of your advice and help!!