Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beaded ( J liner ) or stanard over the edge?

1. Back To Top    #1

Beaded ( J liner ) or stanard over the edge?

Almost ready to buy. We are putting in a 24ft rd above ground, Semi inground about 24". What would be better? The beaded style liner or the standard over the edge liner. I have been told that water can get behind the beaded style liner and the inner pool wall? Don't know, just want to do it right the first time.

Thank

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Beaded ( J liner ) or stanard over the edge?

The J hook liner comes with the bead. You can use the J hook, by slipping it over the top of the wall or taking the J hook portion off and using the track for the beaded liner. Then there is the over lap.

I can't speak for the beaded liner with the track (although I have the track in my garage because I didn't use it) and water behind the liner... I have the J hook liner and it was really easy to install.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

When I was researching for my pool purchase I was cautioned that the beaded liner would allow salt water to reach the steel liner at the joints of the beaded liner receiver. The recommendation was to use the J-hook instead of the beaded liner. I can vouch for what Casey said "the J hook liner and it was really easy to install".
    Gerry
    27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I also have the J hook liner.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.