Hi everyone. My Aquatools 1HP single speed pool pump was in for a refurbishing before spring opening in a month or so, and I received the unfortunate news that it's basically bit the dust. Replacement parts and labour will have me over the $200 mark (I'm in Canada...prices are higher). I'm trying to decide between a few options, being:
1) rebuild current one @ ~$200+
2) buy a Hayward rebuild (rebuilt in-house at my local pool shop, not a Hayward refurb) for ~$250
3) get an eBay "no-name" pump/motor for ~$200
4) get a new Hayward from my local pool shop for $400
5) get a Hayward off eBay for less, but not have the after-sales support that my local shop would provide if there were ever any issues.
What do you guys think? Pump/motor suggestions? Thanks!