duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Recently, my secret computer guru (Butterfly) showed me a way to view posts on the forum that is easy. If you have found a way that works well for you, please share it in this thread.

I like to see a list of EVERY post that has been made since I was last on the forum. I seldom, if ever, read all these new posts but I want to see them anyway and then decide whether or not to open them up to read.

Your particular goal when logging on may be different so your procedure could be quite different.

1. Log on

2 Select "Forum" in the tool bar that includes "Home", "Pool School", etc.

3. Select "Quick Links" in the tool bar that will appear directly below the bar from which you selected "Forum"

4. Once you have selected "Quick Links" , the first item in the drop down box is "today's posts"

5. When you select "today's posts", a complete list (in chronological order) will appear of every post that has been made in the previous 24 hours, regardless of date.

6. I can then browse that list for posts that interest me or easily skip those that don't. (Being a pool geek, I don't skip many!!)

I bookmark Subscriptions so I usually will go there first to see if there is any followup required from my older posts.

From there I then just click on "New Posts" which basically does what you outlined above.

I use the "new posts" button as well. There is a separator between new since last visit, and those I haven't looked at.
This is also what I usually do. Only issue is once you look at a thread, it is then gone from the list and then I will do what Dave said to view today's posts if I need to find something that I already looked at.

Under "My Search Links" the view unanswered is good as well as finding your own posts. I just wish the "View My Posts" showed up in the same type of thread list as the "View My Threads" like the previous software did.

True, but rarely do I find that I need to revisit a thread. Either I will have posted or decided not to post and then it will show up again when someone else comments.

I use the drop down and always check the un-answered ones first. Then I usually jump forum to forum looking for questions.

After a bit of that, I go back to threads where I've had conversations with people needing help to answer them further if required. I like
finishing these off to the end if I can.

I usually use new post, but did not know about the all post that Dave mentioned at the start of this thread, I am glad that option is there now as sometimes it will come in handy particularly to go back and find a post no longer being shown with "new post" after I have read it, decided not to comment, then had second thoughts a minute or two later.

Ike

p.s. does anyone else find the separator on new posts is not always in the right place, for example when I logged in this morning the separator was at about 6:45 last night, even though I had in reality read messages up through about 10 pm?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
p.s. does anyone else find the separator on new posts is not always in the right place, for example when I logged in this morning the separator was at about 6:45 last night, even though I had in reality read messages up through about 10 pm?
That was another issue with "new posts".......it seemed to change it's mind as to what was new and I couldn't figure it out. I think viewing through "today's posts" eliminates that issue.

It also eliminates the "disappearing thread" issue you mention. I have switched to "today's posts" completely........just makes it easier for me.

Can someone please tell me how do you post a question in the forum?

Click on the forum that interests you. Maybe "Just Getting Started"

Once it's open, look in the top left portion of the screen for a button to "Post New Thread". Click the button and a new window comes up for posting. Fill in all the boxes, and press submit at the lower right when you are done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.