Deck for AGP

imcj

May 18, 2010
Hi! I'm not sure if I should've put this in the "Everything Else" forum, but it' for my AGP so here goes. I almost have the framing done for a small 4x8 deck on the side of the pool. I wasn't too worried about a deck, but the ladder is rusting all over. A 4x8 piece of plywood will be the top. My question is what to seal with since, obviously, it will be around water. I figured Thompson's Water seal for the framing below. Would you please give me suggestions from your experience of what I should do?

Also, I don't have to, but I would like to move my pump. Would that affect its performance, and is it possible to find hoses longer than 6'? Thank you!! You are always an amazing help!

Thompsons would be ok for the deck top, you just have to reapply every couple of years.

I doubt you will find longer hoses. However, you can make adapters to join several hoses together, or use a section of hard PVC for the longer length. No, extra run length shouldn't affect your pump or circulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.