can i install this pump?

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
hi guys im new on here and really need help. we have the intex 14x48 ultra fram pool with the 637r pump http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-14-x-48-Ultra-Frame-Swimming-Pool/19336117 and the pump gave out last night so I was looking online and saw a bigger and I assume better pump by intex, the 2500 gph the 633 I think http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QIYMNM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER but I was looking and seems like the lines for the 2500 one are bigger then the ones on my pool....can the inlet and outlet of my pool be changed out cause the 2500 one looks like it comes with inlets and outlets...im asking cause id like to get it but if it doesn't fit or can even add it to my pool then the returns to amazon are a pain...ive seen the inlet and outlets on bigger intex pools come off and on but can I add this bigger pump and lines to my pool? thanks guys sooooooooo much

If the 633 you are buying comes with the larger ports for your pool, yes, you can use it. Check my signature line.....

You will need to cut the smaller ports out to install the larger, but this is not a problem if you take your time and use a very sharp utility knife (new blade).

I would also suggest you purchase the Unicel 5315 cartridge from Amazon.com for this pump. Much better than the Intex stock filter.

Edit: I just checked your link to the Amazon pump.....Look a little more, you can find one that comes with the ports and hoses for only a little more $$. You will need them for the pump to work with your pool.

Another note...since i am assuming your pool is filled, you can circulate the water for dosing your pool with whatever moves the water while you are waiting for the new pump to arrive.

os so I looked and found this....is this what I would also need since it doesn't seem like it comes with it http://www.amazon.com/Conversion-Ad...827&sr=1-2&keywords=intex+1+1/2+inch+adapters and I have a vaccum I just bought and it fits fine on the inlet of the pool,it has a screw cap that goes on the inlet and you just push the hose onto it....let me guess it wont work with this huh I can add a pic later if I need to heres a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SQ6HMQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry, didn't see that post....

The adapters have a nasty habit of leaking a little, and then popping off.

For your cleaning needs, your local hardware or big box store will have the vacuum head, hose, pole, etc of much better quality than the Intex deluxe kit, for about the same total cost.

ok cool.....can anyone point me to a site or link showing some intakes and outlets that would fit those fittings ? and my vaccum hose line is smaller then that 1 1/2 inch fitting....not sure how to fix that,the connecter to it is the size of the hose to a much larger size...id have to take a pic of it to show you guys

If you are wanting to stay with the Intex hoses, you don't have much of a choice.

Here is an Amazon search for the wall fittings. These have both sizes of threads on the pool inside, so the parts that fit the small fittings will still work.

On the outside, You will need the plunger valves, and the large hoses for the 633 pump. As I noted earlier, there are some of these on amazon that have the pump/filter, hoses, valves, and wall fittings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One thing I've learned about Amazon.com: If it isn't in the item description and/or package contents, you won't get it. That particular pump you linked to doesn't say anything about having the needed accessories.

When I bought mine, I saw the one you had linked, but continued looking, and for a few $$ more, the items were in the description.

Saw that, but Amazon is usually good about making sure what is in the description is in the box. Note also that review is actually for a different seller. CMS instead of Windy City Superstore. I think you will be OK with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.