Am I just looking for trouble ??

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This week has been basically sunny,,windy with temps 60's to 70's. I noticed I was loosing more water level than normal. I measured today ( very un-scientific I know) by placing waterproof tape at very top of water level last night then measured to water level today. I came up with a loss of 1/2 to 9/16 max loss. Is this within limits considering windy weather and sunshine ?? I know it's sorta "anal" by me but I'm a stickler when it comes to our pool !.. Pool is 5 years old.... I got lucky in finding this site a few months after it was up and running,, Last 4 years maintenance duties have become routine and easy, just the way I like it!

It's possible, but it still sounds excessive. Try the bucket test. Set one of those plastic 5 gallon buckets on the steps. Fill it up with water. Mark the level in the bucket and in the pool (on the bucket) and check again the next day. They should have dropped equally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.