Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Arkansas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Arkansas

Hi guys!

We recently purchased a new home with a pool, so now I'm a newbie pool wrangler.

We have a large buried Doughboy pool Intrigue....25,000+ with two pool lights and two skimmers. We are currently struggling with adding some landscaping and trying to find someone to install a security fence around the pool. Our backyard is a wreck. The previous owners did basically nothing to the backyard after the install last summer. I might post a pool picture and get some advice on what to do...landscaping isn't my strong suit.

So far, I have switched from baq to chlorine and hope to be a true BBB after I get rid of my bucket of pucks. This site is GREAT and it's amazing the amount of pool wisdom everyone has! I'm so blessed to have found it and hope that someday I have my pool wrangled well enough to help others.
    26,000 gal liner IG pool
    Doughboy with concrete construction
    Full sun most of the day
    1.5 hp pump system
    200lb sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Hello from Arkansas

We love pics!!!

I know what you mean, landscape is not my strong suit either. After 7 years we never put anything around our pool. So if they give you advice, I may borrow it.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Hi hlemon,

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!