Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: replumbing another filter and pump

1. Back To Top    #1

replumbing another filter and pump

Happy Friday!

I hope to have the pool up and running this weekend to clean up the Black Hole. I will be connecting a new pump and filter as the old pump was broken. I do have the the old DE filter for sale, if anybody is interested in MA. There are two pipes coming out of the ground, I guess no main drain, not sure how this effects cleaning. I marked the pipes before disconnecting old filter to make sure I have flow right (what happens if it is reversed by the way). The diagram is how I plan to plumb it. Let me know if its feasible. And the picture is just the equipment pad un connected but ready to go.

Thanks

1971 Gunite 31x16 IG Kidney shape pool approx 18000 Gallons
    EcoFinish Blue Lagoon
    Sta-rite System3 S7M120 Cartridge Filter
    A.O. Smith 3/4 HP motor, starite pump
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: replumbing another filter and pump

If you reverse the pipes the skimmer won't skim and the circulation won't be very good, but nothing will break or go permanently wrong.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the new filter a cartridge filter or DE? If the new one is DE, won't you need a way to backflush it?
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

sargent, its a cartridge filter, The old one that was there was DE. Not sure how or where the backflushed it. It was a short sale house and unfortunately not maintained to well
    1971 Gunite 31x16 IG Kidney shape pool approx 18000 Gallons
    EcoFinish Blue Lagoon
    Sta-rite System3 S7M120 Cartridge Filter
    A.O. Smith 3/4 HP motor, starite pump
    TF100 test kit